Saturday, December 8, 2007

Coming or Going?

Just a line to say, I'm living
That I'm not among the dead
though I'm getting more forgetful
and mixed up in my head.

Sometimes I can't remember when I
stand in front of the stairs,
if I'm going up them for something
or just came down from there!

I stand before the fridge so often
my poor mind filled with doubt,
have I put food away or have
I come to take some out!

There are times when it is dark
with my night cap on my head,
I don't kknow whether I'm retiring
or just got out of bed!

If it is my time to write you
there is no need in getting sore,
I may think that I have written
and don't wish to be a bore.

So remember that I love you
and wish that you were here.
Now it's time to say goodbye
the mailman is drawing near.

so here I stand before the mailbox
with my face an awful red.
I didn't mail your letter, , , ,
I opened it instead!

No comments: